Effective Date 2-1-2015
What do we mean by “personal information?”
For us, “personal information” means information which identifies you, like your name or email address.
Any information that falls outside of this is “non-personal information.”
If we store your personal information with information that is non-personal, we will consider the combination as personal information. If we remove all personal information from a set of data then the remaining is non-personal information.
How do we learn information about you?
We learn information about you when:
- you give it to us directly (e.g., when you choose to join us);
- we collect it automatically through our products and services (e.g., when you register for a conference);
What do we do with your information once we have it?
When you give us information, we will use it in the ways for which you’ve given us permission. Generally, we use your information to help us provide and improve our products and services for you.
When do we share your information with others?
- When we have asked and received your permission to share it.
- For processing or providing products and services to you, but only if those entities receiving your information are contractually obligated to handle the data in ways that are approved by PFCCA of GA.
- When the law requires it. We follow the law whenever we receive requests about you from a government or related to a lawsuit. We’ll notify you when we’re asked to hand over your personal information in this way unless we’re legally prohibited from doing so.
- When we believe it is necessary to prevent harm to you or someone else. We will only share your information in this way if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of you, our other users, PFCCA of GA or the public.
How do we store and protect your personal information?
We are committed to protecting your personal information once we have it. We implement physical, business and technical security measures. Despite our efforts, if we learn of a security breach, we’ll notify you so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
We also don’t want your personal information for any longer than we need it, so we only keep it long enough to do what we collected it for. Once we don’t need it, we take steps to destroy it unless we are required by law to keep it longer.
What else should you know?
If you are under 13, we don’t want your personal information, and you must not provide it to us. If you are a parent and believe that your child who is under 13 has provided us with personal information, please contact us to have your child’s information removed.
We may need to change this policy and our notices. The updates will be posted online. If the changes are substantive, we will announce the update through PFCCA of GA’s usual channels for such announcements such as emails. Your continued use of the product or service after the effective date of such changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes. To make your review more convenient, we will post an effective date at the top of the page.
Contact PFCCA of Georgia
If you want to make a correction to your information, or you have any questions about our privacy policies, please get in touch with:
PFCCA of Georgia
Attn: Legal Notices – Privacy
PO Box 191745
Atlanta, GA 31119